Jordanians are known for being wonderful and hospitable hosts. But don’t take our word for it, come and experience the warmth for yourself. Our homestay in Petra invites you to go beyond the normal tourist trail and get to know the local people. Enjoy the delicious cuisine with your host family whilst building new friendships along the way. Your homestay in Petra is bound to be a highlight of your trip.
Your local English speaking host will meet you at an arranged meeting point in Wadi Musa, and accompany you to the location of your homestay in Petra.
On arrival you will be greeted by the family who will host you on your homestay in Petra. Sit and enjoy a cup of Jordanian tea whilst you get to know your hosts.
Once you have settled in dinner will be served. Freshly prepared by the hosts of your homestay in Petra we promise you Jordanian cuisine will not disappoint. Eat until you think you are full. Only the local family will insist that you eat more! Al-ḥamdu lillāh is a phrase you will want to remember, as saying this when your host is insisting you eat yet another serving will save your very satisfied stomach. You will be met with the response of Sahtein (to your health).
After dinner your English speaking host will ensure you have everything you need for the night and depart. Enjoy the evening of your homestay in Petra drinking tea and getting to know your hosts a little more. Blankets, pillows and mattresses (on the floor -Jordanian style) will be provided by your host family.
After a restful night enjoy breakfast with your host family. A traditional mezze style breakfast will be served in the morning before you move on to your next adventure.
Ask us about the opportunity to finish you evening meal with desserts made by local women and/or a picnic style lunch to take with you on your onward journey.
*Please note that home stays are not always available.
Included in your Eco Experience:
- Dinner made by a local family and enjoyed at the home of your homestay in Petra Experience.
- A local English speaking host who will translate and assist during the dinner on your homestay in Petra Experience..
- Consumption of the meal, including Jordanian tea and 1 soft drink per person
- Drinking Water (filtered drinking water will be provided)
- Homestay in Petra (mattresses, pillows and blankets)
- Mezze breakfast
- Organization/ booking fee.
Not included in your experience:
- Other meals and drinks not mentioned above.
- Transfers to/from your homestay in Petra location, to/from an agreed meeting point in Wadi Musa.
- Personal expenses.
- Local desserts (please contact us if you would like to include this option)
- Picnic lunch (please contact us if you would like to include this option)