Add a day at the farm to your holiday in Jordan to immerse yourself with nature during a hands on farm visit. A short distance outside of Petra lies the village of Jarba, well known by the locals for its rich lands and plentiful ground water making it perfect for growing a wide variety of produce. By adding this eco experience to your holiday in Jordan you get a chance to look into a part of Petra’s local life that not many get to see.
Depart from your Petra accommodation mid morning, arriving at the farm just in time for morning snack and a freshly brewed pot of Jordanian tea. Get to know your English speaking host and the farm workers before lending a hand with farm life.
Depending on the day and season of your holiday in Jordan, you may find yourself assisting with harvesting, preparing the land for planting or tending to the trees that stand so beautifully. There may also be the opportunity to help with the day to day handling and care of the farm’s livestock.
Your host will prepare you an appetising lunch, which where possible will be made with produce you have helped pick from the farm. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon on the farmhouse terrace, continue lending a hand to the farm work or wander the property to explore.
In the late afternoon you will depart the farm and return to your Petra accommodation. If you are travelling with young children please let us know beforehand so we arrange some extra special farm activities for them.
This is a full day experience to add to the itinerary of your holiday in Jordan. Check out our other eco experiences too that you can add to your holiday in Jordan.
Included in your Eco Experience:
- A farm day experience during your holiday in Jordan.
- A local English speaking host who will translate and assist at your farm day eco experience during your holiday in Jordan.
- Morning snack, including traditional Jordanian tea, water and fruit.
- Lunch, including traditional Jordanian tea, water and 1 soft drink per person.
- Drinking Water (filtered drinking water will be provided)
- Organization/ booking fee.
Not included in your Eco Experience:
- Other meals and drinks not mentioned above.
- Transfers to/from the location of your farm day eco experience during your holiday in Jordan, to/from an agreed meeting point in Wadi Musa.
- Personal expenses