Cooking in Jordan is a real treat and this is the ultimate destination dining experience. In a stunning location, in the surrounds of Petra, you will learn to cook a traditional Jordanian Meal. Enjoy the flavors that cooking in Jordan over an open fire impart.
Your local English speaking host, who will double as your “Chef”, will meet you at a designated meeting point. You will be accompanied to your outdoor location for your cooking in Jordan experience.
Your Chef will assign tasks to you as the preparation for the meal gets underway. Enjoy cooking in Jordan and its beautiful outdoors as you get to know your host. While cooking in Jordan, try your hand at learning the names of the ingredients in Arabic which is sure to impress your guests when you recreate the meal once you are back home.
There will be time to explore whilst you are waiting for your meal to cook. This is a great opportunity to take some photos.
It will then be time to enjoy the wonderful meal that you have just prepared. Hot from the fire you will want to lick your plate clean to enjoy every last morsel.
Any cooking in Jordan is not complete without Jordanian tea – it will be served to finish off the experience. Your local host will then arrange for you to go back to your accommodation.
This cooking in Jordan experience takes around 3-4 hours, and it can be enjoyed for lunch or dinner.
Please note that this experience is subject to weather conditions. If you have already booked we will advise if we need to modify your experience.
You may choose from the following meal choices:
Jordanian BBQ: Spiced chicken cooked over open coals. Served with baked potatoes, onions and tomatoes.
Tannikah: Spiced Chicken, potatoes, onions, garlic, tomatoes and deliciously flavoured rice slow cooked over coals in an enclosed drum.
Seneyah: A dish of marinated chicken and vegetables that is cooked in an enclosed tray which is set in a bed of coals.
Please ask about vegetarian options when booking.
Don’t forget to ask us about the opportunity to finish off your meal with desserts made by local women.
Included in your Eco Experience:
- Cooking in Jordan, in a stunning outdoor location
- A local English speaking host who will be your Great Outdoors Chef for your cooking in Jordan experience.
- Ingredients for the meal to be prepared.
- Consumption of the meal you prepared, including Jordanian tea and 1 soft drink per person
- Drinking Water (filtered drinking water will be provided)
- Organization/ booking fee.
Not included in your Eco Experience:
- Other meals and drinks not mentioned above.
- Transfers to/from the location off your cooking in Jordan experience, to/from an agreed meeting point in Wadi Musa.
- Personal expenses.
- Local desserts (please contact us if you would like to include this option)